Working with us
is a lot more fun
than you imagine.
That is why we are constantly recruiting, to ensure we get the best hands that can help bring our vision to life.
We are amazing people, and we would love you to join us too.
Aforfemist Media Limited is an organization that values creativity, innovative thinking, and diversity. We offer a great opportunity to work alongside passionate and intelligent individuals and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What you will do
- Investigate and report news stories, sometimes breaking at any moment and time.
- Uncovering newsworthy events and interviewing necessary parties
- Ensure articles written follow company guidelines and are ready for senior editorial staff to publish.
- Conduct necessary research required to produce content, which may include but is not limited to conducting interviews and attending events.
- Analyzing data for use in future stories
- Submitting drafts for approval and working with editors to make changes
- Capture quality photos for accompanying articles, as needed.
- Post on social media as required.
- Attend editorial team meetings and pitch feasible story ideas.
- Flex your creative muscles to craft unique content.
- Keep up to date with news and events happening around Nigeria and globally.
- Monitor engagement of articles and accept feedback from the editorial team to make necessary improvements or adjustments to work.
- Increase the credibility of the company through quality, trustworthy, and ethical work.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry professionals.
- Travel on assignment, when needed.
- Attend events on behalf of the Company as needed to improve industry knowledge
- Facilitating communication between fellow employees and outside partners
- Performing administrative duties as needed
- 1-2+ years of experience writing for an online publication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of social media and its importance to journalism.
- Ability to interface with members of the public in articles both remotely and face-to-face.
- Creative muscles and ability to think outside of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of WordPress or other CMS.
- Skilled with photography and photo editing is an asset.
- Experience with generating or planning content
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications
- Ability to follow strict deadlines
- Should be a team player
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Send your application through LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2322741226 or send your cv to email@example.com